Monday, March 26, 2007

What a MONDAY this has been!

I've been busting it since I got up this morning LOL! First, it took 30 minutes to clean up the kitchen, unload/reload the dishwasher, etc before I ever even got the coffee pot started..... We worked outside in our yard all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I hadn't really done much inside the house so my kitchen was a wreck. I'm tired as all get out, but, I feel good about everything we accomplished. So, it's a good tired kinda feeling.

Well, it's definitely SPRING :) All the water oaks are putting on their new lime green leaves and pollinating with those weird looking little fuzzy things falling all over the place. And the live oaks are shedding old leaves and putting on new leaves all at the same time. The azaleas are all blooming along with the dogwoods! My neighbor's wisteria is blooming and it is just beautiful! I just love this time of the year -- if the weather could just stay like this all year long.... ah, this must be what heaven's weather is like ;) Sunshine, gorgeous blue skies, beautiful spring flowers everywhere.... Here's some pics I took....



And with Spring comes SPRING CLEANING.... that includes my goldfish pond -- all 300 gallons of it LOL. This afternoon after work, I get to put my shubunkins back into their home (and out of the aquarium inside). They are almost as long as the aquarium inside... they probably won't fit in there next year when I do my annual pond cleaning. They are just so pretty though and I've had them now for several years so I'm rather attached to them.

When we were cleaning out the goldfish pond, we found a huge bullfrog! So he also went into his own container and I set him loose early this morning back into the pond. We also found a white oak rat snake -- a baby He was on the other side of the house. So DH got him into a container and away we went to B&B Pet Stop. They take donations :) This is the 2nd white oak rat snake I've donated. As long as he's not at my house anymore -- that's all I care about!

My garden is growing quite well. I'll have to take some pics and post for you to see. I'll also get some pics posted of my goldfish pond and deck area. I could just live down there in the Spring :)

Well, work today has been so busy! And time has flown by so quickly. I really wish I had a couple of more hours of actual worktime today to finish up. But, that's ok -- there's tomorrow. It's end of the month and end of the quarter so there's always a big push on to get all the invoices collected. Got to run -- a couple more loose ends to tie up before heading home tonight :)

No comments: