Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's Going to be a Scrappin' Day :)

Well, yesterday I made a quick appointment for the dentist. I had 1 crazy tooth right in the front that had started bothering me on Saturday. I figured I'd better do something before it turned into a really bad problem. My front 4 teeth have crowns and this was one of them. My dentist has been telling me for about 2 years that it was time to replace these crowns.... I was really hoping to get by another couple of years before having to do something LOL

But yesterday was the day {{sigh}} All four crowns came OFF and he went ahead and did a root canal on the one that was bothering me. 2 and 1/2 hours in the dentist chair.... then quick to the pharmacy to fill prescriptions and then to Sonic for a cherry slush before the novicane wore off (hadn't even had breakfast yet) and then home to hit the recliner.

Well, about 3 hours after that, I wake up LOL We won't even talk about the swelling of my upper lip and nose! Still this morning I'm swollen and not feeling very well from my upper lip to the top of my head. But, when life gives you lemons make lemonade, right??? So, with the help of some Advil (head feels fine now) the pain is going away and the headache is gone too. The swelling, well, it's definitely still there LOL I'm hoping it will be gone tomorrow so I can get back to work. But, in the meantime, I have the whole day to scrap!!!! Yeah!

So the first thing I'm going to work on is a plaque that I found to alter :) I hope to get it finished and I'll take a pic and post it. Then I have some pages to work on too. Plus, I need to do some pre-planning because I'm going to be scrapping this weekend with a couple of friends YEAH!

From something not so good, I'm making the best of it and turning a potentially bad day into a great day :) I might even post twice on my blog today!

Oh and a quick note: I found a layout on 2 Peas this morning that was so cute. I'm definitely going to lift it but in a different way than what you'd think. The title of the layout was "It's all in the Genes" -- talking about a baby and two parents. Well, this immediately made me think of a different "Gene". I can already see my layout! DH's middle name is "Eugene" (named after his father who was called "Gene" by everyone). Also, DH's 2nd son's middle name is "Eugene" (named after DH). So I can already see a layout with all 3 of their pics and the title "It's all in the Gene's". Won't that be cute? Plus, I'm thinking that DH would really appreciate this too. The layout I saw on 2 Peas was by Kathy Link. I found her blog online and she's really a cool scrapper! I love her work!

No comments: