Friday, February 9, 2007

It's Finally FRIDAY :) Yeah!!

And I have a lot of scrapping time lined up for this weekend :) A couple of friends and I are going to scrap at one of the friend's house this weekend -- starting this morning :) But, before I leave the house, I have to try to pick up and clean up some first. DH was home sick yesterday and the house looks like a wreck!!

This morning I also have to take some goodies by the school for DD's "bake sale" for her class. She always picks out items that take alot of time -- why can't she just pick cookies and let me go and by them at WalMart? LOL She came home last night from the grocery store (DH took her) with strawberries. She wants us to do chocolate covered strawberries for her bake sale. So, I also have to get those made and delivered to the school before I can get started with my weekend.

I have been working on a couple of layouts the last two days :) First one is "Together - Cozumel". I've had this layout in my head and just couldn't wait to get it on a layout! It is one of my favorite pics from our cruise to Cozumel last fall. I will be turning it in as an entry to The Paper Place Scrapbooking Community's Design Team Contest -- Week #1: Focus on Design. The patterned paper is Bohemia MME. For the title letters, I traced the Lil Davis letters onto chipboard and cut them out. I then painted and distressed before heat embossing with UTEE. I tied some of the leather strips to a couple of the letters for a rough look. On the photo, I used some decorative charm corners that are very "fancy". Beside the photo, I used a very pretty ribbon trim with MM decorative brads. I added a slide mount below the pic with the date (MM alpha rubons). I just love the quote on the bottom of the page and was looking at it the entire time I was working on this layout. I have this quote on an altered box in my scraproom. Together the layout is a mix of distressed, rough, and fancy – which is my design style “all mixed up” LOL

The 2nd layout is Page 3 of our cruise -- more Bohemia MME patterned paper and lots of chipboard and embellishments :) I painted the arrow and then heat embossed it with clear UTEE -- this gives it even more dimension (you can't really tell in the scan). The round MM decorative brads sit on chipboard (Undressed) that has been painted and then heat embossed with UTEE clear and then UTEE Interference Blue. On the 2nd embossing I didn't completely heat the embossing powder so it would be "bumpy". I used this same technique with the bracket. I painted and heat embossed with clear UTEE the slide chipboard on the bottom and used the MM rubons to add the date. For the journaling, I printed it on vellum and then quickly sprinkled the wet ink with fine embossing powder and then heat embossed. So even the journaling has dimension. The "On Our" and "FINALLY" was printed on a transparency on a color laser printer. I then cut the letters out and used adhesive under the black on the reverse to secure to the page (so the adhesive wouldn't show). The transparency letters are very shiney and look really cool on page with the other embellishments that are mat finish (WAY) and bumpy finish (the bracket and the round chipboard under the MM decorative brads). I will be using this layout for Week #3 Challenge: Focus on Embellishments for my Design Team Contest entry.



Well, enough for now – I’m off to get started on my weekend. I hope that everyone reading my blog has a wonderful time off for the next two days.

No comments: